JOB TITLE: Intern/On-the-job Trainee
LOCATION: Cebu City, Philippines
REPORTS TO: Coastal Resource Management Officer
Founded in 1998, the Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation (CCEF) (www.coast.ph) is a non-government organization dedicated to coastal resource management (CRM). The CRM activities focus on the management of coral reefs and other coastal and marine ecosystems through establishments of marine protected areas (MPAs), research and monitoring for informed decision-making, capacity and constituency building for conservation and management through training and education, public-private partnerships, and community organization and development.
CCEF accepts interns in different aspects and fields including administration and accounting. In line with this, we are looking for a knowledgeable, responsible, trustworthy, and dedicated individual to assist the Foundation in recording, preparing and journalizing receipts and disbursements, filing, inventory, and other related functions.
• Writing Reports and letters of coordination
• Assist with on-going projects including on-site assessments and interviews
• Other technical support such as resource mapping and documentation of events
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current undergraduate of BS Marine Biology, Biology, Environmental Science, Fisheries or other related fields
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Basic proficiency in the use and application of the English and Bisaya language; proven ability to communicate in a clear, effective and concise manner;
• Positive and progressive outlook; willing to learn and eager to work to agreed targets. Disciplined and organized in executing assignments and plans.
Please submit applications to Mr. Ranie Ibanez (email@example.com), Coastal Resource Management Officer and CC (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications should include: a short cover letter and an updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be called back for an interview.