JOB TITLE: Project Officer- Coastal Resource management
LOCATION: Cebu City, Philippines
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Founded in 1998, the Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation (CCEF) (www.coast.ph) is a non-government organization dedicated to coastal resource management (CRM). The CRM activities focus on the management of coral reefs and other coastal and marine ecosystems through establishments of marine protected areas (MPAs), research and monitoring for informed decision-making, capacity and constituency building for conservation and management through training and education, public-private partnerships, and community organization and development.
- Responsible for all community engagement, CRM-related activities in CCEF
- Coordinate with Executive Director for activities and Project Development
- Provide written updates and written quarterly reports about the project
- Provide technical input to activities related to the coastal ecosystems
- Assist in creating fisheries management plans and direction for CRM-related projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferably a graduate in Marine Biology with experience in Coastal Resource Management (CRM).
- 2-3 years of work experience in Coastal and Environmental Profiling, Coral Reef Monitoring, Fish Visual Census, Seagrass Survey and Mangrove Survey
- A certified diver with at least 2-3 years experience
- Familiar with the Fisheries Laws of the Philippines and Fisheries Management Planning
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptive and flexible. Willing to learn new skills quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Please submit applications to Mr. Auburn Patrick V. Samson (email@example.com), Executive Director and CC (firstname.lastname@example.org) . Applications should include a short cover letter and an updated CV. Also include in your cover letter, your expected salary range. Due to the number of applications received by the organization, only short-listed candidates will be called back for an interview.
Deadline for Applications is extended on June 15, 2022