JOB TITLE: Intern/On-the-job Trainee
LOCATION: Cebu City, Philippines
REPORTS TO: Communications and Development Officer
Founded in 1998, the Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation (CCEF) (www.coast.ph) is a non-government organization dedicated to coastal resource management (CRM). The CRM activities focus on the management of coral reefs and other coastal and marine ecosystems through establishments of marine protected areas (MPAs), research and monitoring for informed decision-making, capacity and constituency building for conservation and management through training and education, public-private partnerships, and community organization and development.
CCEF accepts interns in different aspects and fields including administration and accounting. In line with this, we are looking for a knowledgeable, responsible, trustworthy, and dedicated individual to assist the Foundation in recording, preparing and journalizing receipts and disbursements, filing, inventory, and other related functions.
• Assist in all basic communication tasks such as writing communication letters to partner stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Basic tasks such as taking down minutes of the meeting and documenting activity reports
• Organizing schedules, events and press release activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current undergraduate enrolled in AB Communications, Mass Communications and other relevant courses
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Basic proficiency in the use and application of the English and Bisaya language; proven ability to communicate in a clear, effective and concise manner;
• Positive and progressive outlook; willing to learn and eager to work to agreed targets. Disciplined and organized in executing assignments and plans.
Please submit applications to Alyza Noelle Tan (email@example.com) and CC firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include: a short cover letter and an updated CV. Kindly also include in the cover letter the school/ university you are currently enrolled in. Only short-listed candidates will be called back for an interview.
Note: Because of current COVID-19 regulations, interns are required to work from home. However, some tasks such as on-site training and processing of assignments given might require the intern to report at least 8 hours a week.