By: Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation
One of the repercussions of climate change is stronger and more destructive typhoons. Fisheries are the primary source of livelihood and sustenance in small coastal settlements. Coastal towns must become more resilient and adaptive to climate change as soon as possible. It is also critical to make coastal ecosystems, which these populations rely on for food and livelihood, more resilient to climate change.
According to a UN Humanitarian report, Typhoon Odette impacted 11 of the country’s 17 regions, and the most recent data shows at least 407 deaths, 78 people missing, and an estimated 36 million dwellings damaged. Furthermore, many coastal communities lack access to safe drinking water, power, and shelter.
The typhoon caused more than 60% of coral cover to be lost, according to recent results by the CCEF study team last March.
The overarching goal of this project is to strengthen coastal communities’ resiliency and climate change adaptive skills by restoring coral reefs and reintroducing reef fish in typhoon-damaged areas, using marine protected areas as resilience measures.
This year’s Virtual Run will occur this May 14 until June 2022. This is open to all professional and aspiring runners who advocate for ocean rehabilitation. Registration starts today May 2, 2022, until May 14, 2022. By supporting this Virtual Run, we are uplifting our coastal communities and our future.
We can create change and make an impact. Every step is essential to reach a milestone. Today is the time to take action. Our future starts today. Let’s come hand in hand and rally as one for a bluer tomorrow.
Running Period: May 14 – June 8, 2022
Choose your challenge: 20K I 50K
Option 1: Php 1,000.00 (Medal, E-Certificate, Drifit Shirt)
Option 2: Php 1,400.00 (Medal, E-Certificate, Sublimation Shirt)
Option 3: Php 1,600.00 (Medal, E-Certificate, Both Sublimation, and Drifit Shirt)
10 pax – Price may vary depending on the package chosen. (Medal, E-Certificate, Shirt). Registration of one group with 10 persons get one person free!
Delivery Fee (covered by the participant)
- Php 100.00 *price may vary depending on the location
Google Form: https://forms.gle/Wu7ppuF3wSZg5YbFA
1. Register for the event via GOOGLE FORM
2. Deposit Payment via Bank Transfer or Gcash and send a screenshot of your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org:
RCBC North Reclamation Area Branch
Account Name: Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation, Inc.
Account No: 5448-000046
Mobile Number: 0969 181 9430
Account Name: Alyza Tan
For International Transaction please email us at email@example.com
3. Email the Deposit Slip or your screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Wait for confirmation Email for your e-bib and acknowledgement receipt
Finisher’s Merchandise Options
How does a Virtual Run work?
– Choose and Register on a Virtual Race
– Use a GPS-tracking running app, watch, or treadmill
– Track and Finish the Race
– Take a photo of your result
– Submit your Run to the “Run for the Oceans” Facebook Group Page
– “No completion, no reward” policy.
– All GPS-based apps and Treadmill Submissions are allowed (e.g. Strava, etc.)
– All Registered Participants will be added to our Facebook’s “Run for the Oceans: Run for our Future Virtual Challenge 2022” group for your “run” progress.
– Record your Run Activity. Send your screenshots for the proof of completion on our Facebook Group
– Account will be banned if fraudulent results are found.
Terms and Conditions
(Organizers/CCEF) is not liable for any accidents, injuries, loss of personal property, or damages that result from participating in this event. Registration fees are non-refundable, however, registration can be transferred up to 24 hours prior to the event.
This is a rain or shine event. If you use the link to pay, you will receive a confirmation email. Acknowledgment receipt of your payment to the email address you enter.
Proceeds from the run will go to CCEF’s projects in rehabilitating damaged ecosystems from the impacts of Typhoon Odette.
Enjoy everyone and run safely!