This quarantine period, CCEF is launching its awareness raising campaign: “MPAs sa Mata sa mga Bata”. This campaign aims to create positive change among local communities through art and raises the profile of drawing local marine ecosystems as a tool for thought, creativity, social and cultural engagement. The Campaign’s purpose is to create a new regard for the power of drawing to help people see, think, raise awareness, and take action in their own local MPAs.
The drawing campaign will be separated in two age groups having two different themes: What’s in your MPA? (Ages 8-12 years old) and What makes your MPA special? (Ages 13-18 years old). Submissions to the CCEF drawing campaign must be in A4 size, with a short essay (maximum 200 words) and a photo of the participant with their drawing. The participant is free to use any illustration materials for their drawing. Each participant can only submit one drawing for the campaign.
Submissions for the drawing campaign must be submitted via email to email@example.com before July 31, 2020.
Age group 8-12 years old (Category A): What’s in your MPA?
1.Participants in Category A will be required to draw at least one species that is common in your local MPA.
2. The participant will write their name and local name of the species they chose
3. Participant will write a short explanation (200 words) as to why he/she chose to draw the species. The participant is free to write their explanation in their own dialect.
- Participants from in Category B will be required to draw what makes their MPA special.
- The participant is free to draw a scenery above ground or underwater (e.g special flagship species, a form of livelihood or an ecosystem that sets their MPA apart from others)
- The participant will write a short essay (200 words) about what they drew, and what they envision for the MPA in the future. The participant is free to write their explanation in their own dialect.