Local, community managed
Talaga, Cagayancillo, Palawan, Philippines
The MPA is hoped to achieve:
To form a fishery breeding ground where fish and other marine life could replenish and grow with limited human intervention.
To carry out researchers in coastal ecosytem with the help of other organizations for management, decision making, education and social awareness.
To document the current level of fish yield for future evaluation.
1. Survey/mapping including boundary coordinates
2. Public hearing with regards to establishment
3. Drafting.approval of Brgy. Resolution endorsing the establishment of marine reserve
4. Approval of municipal Ordinance
5. Orientation/lectures on Marine reserve importance
6. Procurement of mooring/anchor buoys
7. Placement of mooring buoys